Date: November 5, 2017
Time: 3:00 pm
This is the first performance of three in the Weill Center's Family Series. Click here to view all three shows.
Three-time Grammy-winning composer and musician, Tom Chapin, is recognized as “the best family artist around” by Billboard Magazine, and “one of the great personalities in contemporary folk music” by The New York Times.
Through his lyrics and catchy melodies, Chapin teaches kids about healthy eating, hunger in the world and the importance of sharing.
Inspired by Chapin’s recording “Give PEAS A Chance,” this show features a collection of songs to initiate discussion around eating healthy and world hunger. The songs introduce the issues in bite-size chunks and make them palatable with rhyme and music.
Songs featured in the show may include:
- Stone Soup, the song, based on the old folk tale, sings the message of sharing, pooling resources and working together. A life lesson which extends beyond the meal is that a group with a common goal can achieve something that one person alone may not be able to do.
- Thanksgiving Day takes us back to the origins of the holiday - celebrating the harvest. Let’s go back to giving thanks “for the bounty that grows from the ground.”
- Junk Food Pyramid is a funny, cautionary tale about making smart food choices.
- Grow Your Own encourages everyone to try their hand at gardening. It’s fun, rewarding and anyone at any age can do it. Plant and nurture your seeds to grow something good to eat!
- Every Body is a song about body image, teaching that health and strength and beauty come in every shape and size.
- Enough For Everyone This song could well be the children’s anthem for the hunger movement. It teaches that the earth can produce enough food to feed everyone.
- Tickets are now available for this performance.
- For information regarding the Special Family Package, feel free to contact the Weill Center online or calling 920-208-3243 during Ticket Office Hours.
- Convenience fees apply when purchasing tickets over the phone and online. Click here for ticketing fee information.
- Membership discounts and group rates do not apply to any Family Series performance as the lowest ticket pricing is already offered.