POSITION DESCRIPTION: BAR LEAD
Reports to: Beverage Coordinator (outside of events) and House Manager (during events)
HOURS: Casual (as needed), approximately 5-15 hours per week
DIRECT REPORTS: Concession volunteers
About the Stefanie H. Weill Center for the Performing Arts
The Weill Center for the Performing Arts is a 1,150-seat live event venue in Downtown Sheboygan, WI. The Weill Center presents a series of live performances including music, comedy, variety acts, movies and more. In 2001 the theater was restored to its original Spanish Colonial Revival architectural style and atmospheric theater, as built in 1928. The theater is currently listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Preserve this historic landmark theater in order to provide & sustain a majestic performing arts venue for the community and to serve the people of Sheboygan County and surrounding communities with the opportunity to enjoy cultural, educational, civic, and corporate events that will entertain and inspire.
The Weill Center has the exciting opportunity for you to join its team as a Bar Lead. The Bar Lead ensures the Weill Center concessions areas are in pristine condition prior to each event and operate most effectively during events. This person has keen sense of organization and a passion for details and is comfortable managing money and volunteers. This person should be comfortable with fast-paced service, as they may be responsible for serving hundreds of beverages within a short time period.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepare concessions areas prior to events including stocking and icing product, preparing garnishes, and displaying signage as appropriate
- Run updates on point-of-sale (POS) equipment as needed; troubleshoot technology issues if they arise
- Use Square POS system to manage patron orders, open/close cash till appropriately at the begin/end of each shift
- Prepare and mix drinks quickly and correctly during events
- Manage concessions volunteers
- Ensure the cleanliness of all concession areas after each event
- Prepare event reports for House Manager
- Other duties as assigned by the Beverage Coordinator and House Manager
Qualifications and Expectations
- Prior bartending experience
- Must have or be willing to obtain professional bartender’s license
- Must be 18+
- Willing/able to work non-standard shifts, nights, and weekends
- Physical requirements: Stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Project a positive, professional, and polished image of the Weill Center at all times, adhering to Weill Center dress code
- Work with the Beverage Coordinator to determine priorities and predetermined work schedule
- Submit detailed timesheets after each shift
Compensation and Information
- Compensation of $18 per hour based on experience (no tips)
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary tickets for family and friends to select shows
- Job offers are contingent on satisfactory background check
To Apply: Send resume to email@example.com prior to September 1, 2022.